MECHANICAL TRANSMISSION SYSTEM INTEGRATED INTO A WIND TURBINE FOR WATER DESALINATION AND DEPURATION BY REVERSE OSMOSIS
PROJECT LIFE_WINDRO LIFE15 CCM/ES/000040
This Life project involves the realization of a prototype installation ( "pilot") for water desalination by reverse osmosis.
The innovation of this facility is its ability to work self-sufficiently, using only the mechanical energy generated by a wind turbine adapted to transmit said mechanical pumps high-pressure reverse osmosis system power directly.
Technical Objectives of the project:
- • Design of mechanical transmission of wind energy from the wind turbine to pump high. It will include systems design gear boxes, shafts and couplings, bearings, bearings and brackets to the supporting structure.
- • Modification of a commercial wind turbine for deployment in the system.
- • Coupling mechanical transmission.
- • Optimization module reverse osmosis and membrane selection for irregular work regime due to wind variations.
- • Mitigation of climate change by reducing GHG emissions resulting from the use of sustainable energy to develop the process of desalination by reverse osmosis.
- • Water supply in areas with supply problems for both human consumption and agriculture.